Later we met up with the rest of the group and headed to the center of Rome for the night. We had our first lecture which was an overview of the migration issues in Italy and Malta and a discussion about ethnographic fieldwork. Our professor and his wife are both very nice and I'm glad they are spending the trip with us so we can get to know them better.
After our lecture we headed to la piazza de novela. There was a carnival-like event going on for the holidays. This piazza also had the fountain of four rivers which was sculpted by Bernini.
Then we went to dinner. I had penne alla vodka and a glass of vino. It was very tasty! After dinner we went to a gelateria, which was also super good! I got a mix of coffee, hazelnut, and puro (chocolate) gelato. The shop was really cute inside and I loved the ceilings and decorations so I took a picture.
So far I love the architecture of the city - the cobblestone streets and cute little store fronts and big, baroque style buildings. Rome is a beautiful city and I can't wait to explore more tomorrow!



No comments:
Post a Comment