Sunday, January 12, 2014

Heading Home

Friday morning we flew back to Rome, and spent the last day of the trip in Rome. Some of us spent the afternoon just walking around and doing some window shopping. We met up with the rest of the group at the Spanish steps and went and bought some bread and cheese for a snack. Later we met up with our coordinator at the Pantheon. We were told that if a group holds hands around a column at the Pantheon they will be friends forever, so we did that, and then went and got some coffee. We headed to Trestevre for the night, which is possibly my favorite neighborhood. We went to a bar for some drinks and gave our coordinator her gift. We had all signed an "I <3 Rome" shirt for her (it was an inside joke because she had gotten our professor an "I <3 Malta" shirt.) 

Afterwards we went to dinner - I had a spinach ravioli and it was delicious - and then out for the night. We did both the famous chocolate shots (pic 1) and Harry Potter shots (pic 2). I had the Sveltina and Dumbledore. Then we spent most of the night at a really cool bar called 8 millimeter (pic 3).
Of course on our way back to the hotel we ended the night with some gelato. Then after 3 hours of sleep I woke up to embark on my 21 hour journey back home. 

The entire trip was a lot of fun and I am so glad to have had the opportunity to go. I absolutely love Rome and cannot wait to go back someday. I also made some great friends and learned a lot about an important issue that I hadn't even known existed before the trip. I also met some amazing people while visiting centers in Rome and Malta. I will never forget all of the new experiences I had and this trip was the perfect way to kick off my final semester of college. 

Finally, I owe a huge thanks to my parents for supporting me and allowing me to have this experience. I am so grateful for everything you have done to not only just let me go, but also to make sure I had a fantastic time while I was there. I love you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment